The TBCG3-CN comb generator is primarily designed to verify conducted emission test set ups. It is a useful tool to validate correct operation of the LISN, correct set-up and correct configuration of the spectrum analyzer.
A rotary switch allows you to choose between five fixed comb frequencies and an external excitation input with a frequency range of 5 kHz to 300 MHz.
The comb generator comes with country specific adapter cables, which plug into the DUT socket of the (unpowered!) LISN.
The device is powered by four AA NiMH batteries and includes an external charger.
The TBCG3-CN produces a comb spectrum with approximately 8 dB flatness in the frequency range up to 1.5 GHz and has a 50 Ohm output with a female N-connector.
The housing is milled from solid aluminium. A ¼” – 20 UNC thread in the comb panel accepts standard tripod bolts.
- Specified bandwidth: 1.5 GHz
- Flatness of the comb spectrum: 8 dB typically
- Output impedance: 50 Ohm
- Output power: 66 dBµV @ 10 MHz f comb ; decreasing 6 dB with every fcomb /2
- Amplitude stability: < 0.2 dB; <0.1 dB after 15 minutes
- Aging: < 0.5 dB over 12 months
- Output connector: N-female
- Selectable, fixed comb frequencies: 100 kHz, 500 kHz, 1 MHz, 5 MHz, 10 MHz
- Frequency stability: 50 ppm
- External excitation input: 5 kHz – 300 MHz @ square input signal; 3.3 Vpp max
- 100 kHz – 300 MHz @ sinus input signal; 3.3 Vpp max
- Input impedance: 50 Ohm
- Input connector: SMA-female
- Current consumption: 70 mA
- Indicators: Power On LED, Low Battery LED
- Power supply: 4 x AA NiMH (e.g. Varta Mignon 2700, not supplied)
- Charger: external; Ansmann ACS110
- Operation time: battery capacity / 70 mA
- Temperature range: -20°C to +45 °C
- Housing diameter: 180 mm
- Housing height: 60 mm
- Weight: 1250 g