The TBMDA3B, 10MHz – 1 GHz modulated wideband power amplifier is designed to provide a low-cost RF power source for pre-compliance immunity testing of electronic building blocks and products. Driven with an input power of less than 0 dBm, it can deliver a saturated output power of up to 8 W. The TBMDA3 is ideal to drive Tekbox near field probes in order to find the sensitive spot of electronic circuits, or to generate strong electric fields for radiated immunity testing in TEM cells. It can generate up to 700V/m when driving the Tekbox TEM Cell TBTC0, 400V/m when driving the TBTC1, 200V/m when driving the TBTC2, or 130V/m when driving the TBTC3.
A built in AM- modulator enables the use of tracking generators as signal source. The TBMDA3B has sufficient gain to achieve its maximum output power when driven with the tracking generator of a spectrum analyzer. Besides 1 kHz, 80% AM, the TBMDA3B provides built in modulation capability to generate 1 kHz, 50% duty cycle PM signals. In PM mode, the TBMDA3B can also generate a 217 Hz Signal with 12.5% duty cycle in order to simulate mobile phone TDMA noise.
- Wideband RF power amplifier for conducted immunity testing driving CDNs or BCI-probes
- Wideband RF power amplifier for radiated immunity testing, driving near field probes
- Wideband RF power amplifier for radiated immunity testing, driving TEM Cells
- CW amplifier (modulation off)
- 1 kHz, 80% AM modulation
- 1 kHz, 50% duty cycle pulse modulation
- 217 Hz, 12.5% duty cycle pulse modulation