- Tests continuity at L-N, N-PE inputs
- Tests smooth dc sensitive RCDs (Type B)
- Tests earth resistance, voltage, and frequency
- Offers multiple test voltages: 50 V, 100 V, 250 V, 500 V, 1000 V
- 6 mA RDC-DD testing for EV charging stations
The 1663 installation tester delivers the full-featured functionality and advanced measurement capabilities that professional installers need. It is compact and lightweight (less than 1.3 kg) and comes with a padded carrying and waist strap for convenient handling. Operation is intuitive and easily mastered by all levels of workers so you can put it to work immediately for quick and efficient testing to all local regulations. Additional features like On/Off switchable auto-start for RCD and loop test, as well as a self-test, saves time and gives you more confidence in your results.
Test EV charging station RCD type A-EV or RDC-DD DC protection devices
Perform tests on EV charging station DC protection devices using the RCD type B (smooth DC currents) VAR mode, which generates the test currents for RCD type A-EV or RDC-DD acc. to IEC 62955 (6/60/200 mA and ramp <2 to 6 mA ramp). This allows the quick an easy testing of additional 6 mA DC monitors on charging points and can be used in conjunction with the Fluke FEV100 or FEV300.
The Fluke 1663 is compatible with TruTest™, a Fluke software designed to eliminate the hassle associated with traditional electrical system data management and reporting. Whether you are testing fixed wire installations, or appliances in an office, verifying repairs in a workshop, or performing annual inspections, proper data management is critical for producing easy-to-understand reports for clients. TruTest™ Software allows you to quickly and easily import measurement results directly from your test instruments, manage files transferred from instruments, or manually enter data as needed.
Other useful capabilities:
- Checks wiring polarity to detect broken N wires
- Measures insulation resistance and loop and line resistance
- Includes Z-max memory for loop tests to support easy evaluation of the highest loop test value
- Provides unique zero adapter for fast, reliable and accurate test lead and mains cord compensation
- Measures motor windings with continuity test
- Calculates prospective earth fault current (PEFC/IK) and prospective short-circuit current (PSC/IK)
- Measures RCD switching time and tripping level (ramp test)
- Measures trip time and current for RCD type A & AC in one test
- Measures RCD variable current
- Provides automatic RCD test sequence
- Includes a phase sequence indicator
- Safety rated CAT III 500V, CAT IV 300V