SIGMA2 has been designed with most important real-life user requirements in mind:
Extremely large event memory
256 Megabit SDRAM memory is used and further enhanced using a real-time hardware compression which allows for 14 680 064 sample storage or for more than 45 minutes of recording.
Flexible input/sample speed options
- 16 inputs at 50 MHz (and lower sample speed, division by 2 ... 256)
- 8 inputs at 100 MHz
- 4 inputs at 200 MHz
- 16 inputs - sampling on change of an input signal (asynchronous clock) - trailing, falling or both edges, max. clock speed is 40 MHz at 1:1 duty
- 15 inputs + 1 synchronous clock input (trailing or falling edge), max. clock speed is 49.9 MHz
Complex trigger logic
Many various triggering options in the 16 inputs/50 MHz mode:
- Any value or edge on any input condition
- Defined duration of the condition ("longer than" and/or "shorter than")
- Sequence of two different conditions
- 16-bit counter - triggering after N-th occurence of the condition
Extensive condition definition options using logical functions (N)AND,(N)OR,(N)XOR
Standard triggering options in the 8 inputs/100 MHz and 4 inputs/200 MHz modes - triggering on the input signal edge.
Trigger point can be placed to any position of recorded events from the very beginning to the end.
- Ready for plugins - both ASIX and user definable, e.g. protocol analyzers (like I2C, SPI, UART, SDRAM, Full-Speed and Low-Speed USB, ...).
- Ready for easy multi-language support (not applicable for plugins).
- Waveforms can be saved and loaded to a computer hard disc.
- Waveforms can be exported to a text file for further processing.
- Waveforms can be printed on a printer.
- Flexible trace definition (any combination of input signals and constant logic levels) and trace representation (signals, buses - binary, octal, decimal, hexadecimal, ASCII). Input signal can be used in more than one trace.
- Free protocol analyzers: UART, I2C and SPI. USB protocol analyzer (Low-Speed and Full-Speed) can be purchased separately.
- Flexible control using mouse and keyboard.
Personal computer requirements: Windows 98 and higher (XP recommended), Pentium 750MHz or faster CPU, at least 256 MB RAM.
Now with LINUX support (using WINE) - read more...
- Easy connection to PC - the comfortable USB interface.
- Low power - no power supply adaptor needed.
- Logic probe mode - SIGMA2 displays momentary logic levels on all 16 inputs.
- Detailed LED indication for instant and intuitive status checking.
- Fast operation - less than 1 second delay for any selected view. (Full data download takes about 90 seconds).
- Input threshold level is suitable for TTL, LVTTL and 2.7 to 5.5V CMOS levels
- Replaceable input buffers - DIP parts in socket allow for easy replacement, if ... (you know well what happens to any electronic designer sometimes :-)
- Upgradability - due to flexible design based on Xilinx FPGAs it will be possible to upgrade and enhance SIGMA2 functionality by simple software update (e.g. frequency, period and duty cycle measurement)
- Small, lightweight and compact.
More than logic analyzer
Additional debugging features will be available by software upgrades and add-on modules.
Existing software utilities for SIGMA2:
- Frequency measurement - four independent channels with filtering and averaging
- INSIDER - flexible monitoring/debugging tool for debugging MCUs and FPGAs (significantly enhanced replacement of discontinued product INSIDER).