The BA8100 brings Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) technology out of the research lab and into the industrial market for diagnosing single battery cells or battery stacks up to 80 V. These instruments are designed to accurately measure impedance and phase. Auxiliary measurements include voltage, current, capacitance, inductance, quality factor and more.
Using the included Frequency Response Analysis software, the BA8100 can perform EIS tests with a frequency range of 50 mHz to 10 kHz. The impedance spectrum can be evaluated through the Nyquist and Bode plot tools to determine effective series resistance (ESR) and track battery health. The included self-test fixture is used to verify the instrument’s performance or compensate for resistance introduced by the test leads.
- Fixed frequency measurements from the front panel
- Swept frequency using included software
- Maximum input voltage of 80 V
- Programmable DC and AC current settings
- EIS frequency range of 50 mHz to 10 kHz
- Impedance Z, phase angle θ, voltage and current measurements
- Simple 4-wire test connection
- LAN, USB (COM), and RS232 interfaces standard