The 8500B Series programmable DC electronic loads improve upon all aspects of its predecessor while maintaining dependability at a value price. This series supports both SCPI and the backwards compatible legacy protocol.
With a transient mode speed of up to 10 kHz and multi-type input terminals for banana plug or spade connectors, these DC loads are suitable for testing and evaluating DC power supplies, DC-DC converters, batteries, battery chargers, and photovoltaic arrays.
- Maximum input power up to 1500 W
- CC/CV/CR/CW operating modes
- Transient mode up to 10 kHz in CC mode
- 16-bit voltage and current measurement system with up to 0.1 mV / 0.1 mA resolution
- List mode and adjustable slew rate in CC mode
- Short circuit test
- Built-in battery test function with voltage level, capacity level, and timer stop conditions
- CR-LED mode to simulate the loading behavior of typical LEDs
- Remote voltage sensing to compensate for the effect of voltage drop in wires
- Analog current control and monitoring
- TTL (DB9) interface, includes TTL to USB adapter (models 8542B, 8500B, 8502B, 8510B)
- USB and RS232 interfaces (8514B only)
- OVP/OCP/OPP/OTP and local/remote reverse voltage (LRV/RRV) protection